Writing and Solving Equations
To solve an Equation we need to find the values which will fulfill the condition stated in the form of an equation. To find Solutions of equations, one or more variables are expressed as unknowns. The solution is the value of the unknown variable that is true for the equality in the equation. In other words, a solution is such that, when substituted for the unknowns, the equation becomes an identity.
Following are the steps to translate word problems into equations:
1. To find out what the problem is asking to find, read the problem carefully.
2. Assign a variable to the unknown quantity to be found out.
3. Express what the variable represents.
4. Read the problem again and write an equation for the quantities given in the problem.
5. Solve the equation.
6. Answer the question in the given problem.
7. Check the solution.
1. What is Algebraic Equations?
2.How do you solve Word Problems in Algebra ?
Learn Writing and Solving Equations Online One on One
Struggling with Writing and Solving Equations? Need help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately our experts in Writing and Solving Equations are online now and are ready to help.