Math Tutoring on Trigonometric Functions Using Right Triangles
Congruent Triangles had the same size and the same shape, therefore, the corresponding sides had the same length and the corresponding angles are congruent.
Similar Triangles have the exact same shape but not necessarily the same size. So the conditions for similarity are:
1. Corresponding angles must have the same measure.
2. Corresponding sides must be proportional. (That is the ratios of their corresponding sides must be equal.)
We can find the height of a tree or a building using the concept of similar triangle in math tutoring.
There are six Trigonometric Functions and they are sine, cosine, tangent, cosecant, secant and cotangent functions. Usually, they are abbreviated as sin, cos, tan, csc, sec and cot.
The trigonometric functions can be defined in terms of particular ratios of sides of right triangles. So we can determine the value of a specific side of a right triangle using trigonometric functions.
Learn ‘Trigonometric Functions using Right Triangles’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. What are Congruent and Similar Triangles?
2. What are the conditions for similarity?
3. How can we determine the height of a building using similar triangle?
4. How many trigonometric functions are there and how it is defined?
Learn ‘Trigonometric Functions using Right Triangles’ with AffordEdu Online One on One Math Tutoring.
Struggling with Trigonometric Functions using Right Triangles? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately, our expert tutors in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.