Math Tutoring on The Percent Equation
When working with situations involving Percent, the most reliable solution method is to translate the given problem into an equation.
We should look for:
● The unknown – Always start by identifying what it is you are trying to find.
● The Percent – If given, you will need to convert this to decimal form before doing any calculations. If you are asked to determine the percent, then you will need to convert your answer from decimal form to percent form.
● Multiplication – Replace the word “of” with multiplication.
● Equals – Look for words like “is”, “becomes”, etc…and replace with an = equal sign.
So the keywords in Percent Translations at a glance:
“Of” translates to multiplication “” or “”.
“What” translates to a variable “n”.
“p%” translates to the Percent in Decimal form.
Once we have the equation, solve for the unknown. Make sure the answer is in the correct form.
Learn ‘The Percent Equations’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. What is a Percent Equation?
2. What are keywords in a Percent Equation to be translated and to what operations will it be translated?
Learn ‘The Percent Equation’ with AffordEdu Online One on One.
Struggling with Percent Equation? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately, our expert tutors in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.