Math Tutoring on Solving Triangles using the Laws of Cosines
A triangle that is not a Right Triangle is called an Oblique Triangle. The Law of Cosines will allow us to solve Oblique Triangles.
Requirements for solving Oblique Triangles using the Law of Cosines in math tutoring:
· SAS: Two sides and an included angle are known.
· SSS: Three sides are known.
The Law of Cosines:
The Law of Cosines is a relationship among the angles and sides of a triangle. For any triangle ABC, with sides a, b & c
For Right Triangle, the Laws of Cosines becomes Pythagorean Theorem.
Some real life applications of Law of Cosines are:
· Determining the width of a lake.
· Determining the distance of plane travels.
· Determining the diagonal of a parallelogram.
Learn ‘Solving Triangles Using the Laws of Cosines’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. State and prove the Law of Cosines?
2. What are the requirements for solving Oblique Triangles using the Law of Cosines?
3. Give some real life applications of Law of Cosine.
Learn ‘Solving Triangles using the Laws of Cosines’ With AffordEdu Online One on One Math Tutoring.
Struggling with Solving Triangles Using the Laws of Cosines? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately, our expert tutors in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.