Math Tutoring on Segments Midpoints
Equal versus Congruent
Equal is used with measurement. Congruent is used with figures. If two figures are Congruent, they are the same shape and same size.
A Midpoint is a point on a line segment that divides the segment into two congruent segments.Every segment has exactly one Midpoint.
Determining the Midpoint of a Segment:
1. Use a ruler.Determine the length of the segment and mark off half the distance.
2. If the segment is on the coordinate plane,we can use the formula
If the endpoints of the segment are and .
3. Using a compass we can use a construction to determine the Midpoint.
A Perpendicular Bisector is a line, ray or segment that passes through the midpoint of a segment and forms a right angle with the segment.There are infinitely many segment bisectors through the midpoint. However, there is only one Perpendicular Bisector through the midpoint.
Learn ‘Segments Midpoints’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. Why we use Equal and Congruent?
2. What is Midpoint? How to determine Midpoint?
3. What is Perpendicular Bisector?
Learn ‘Segments Midpoints’ with AffordEdu Online One on One Math Tutoring.
Struggling with Segments Midpoints? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately our experts in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.