Math Tutoring on Second Order Differential Equations
A Second Order Ordinary Differential Equation has the form:
If the Second Order Differential Equation can be written in the form:
Then the Differential Equation is a Linear Second Order Differential Equation. If it does not fit in the above form it is Nonlinear.
If , the Linear Second Order DE is Homogeneous. If , it is Nonhomogeneous.
Solutions to Linear Second Order Homogeneous DEs using the Characteristic Equation
1. If are two distinct real roots then
2. If are real and equal roots then
3. If are two complex roots then
Learn ‘Second Order Differential Equations’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. Define Second Order Differential Equations.
2. What is Characteristics Equations?
3. What are the different Solutions to Linear Second Order Homogeneous DEs using the Characteristic Equation?
Learn ‘Second Order Differential Equations’ with AffordEdu Online One on One Math Tutoring.
Struggling with Second Order Differential Equations? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately our experts in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.