Multiplication of Natural Numbers can be viewed as Repeated Addition.
means 3 groups of 5 or .
Commutative Property: When two numbers are multiplied together, the product is the same regardless of the order, i.e. .
The Product of Signed number:
● To multiply a positive number and a negative number, multiply their Absolute Values. The answer is negative. i.e. & .
● To multiply two positive or negative numbers, multiply their Absolute Values. The answer is positive, i.e. &.
When three or more numbers are multiplied, we can just multiply two at a time or
● The product of an Even number of negative numbers is positive.
● The product of an Odd number of negative numbers is negative.
The Multiplicative Property of Zero:
For any Real Number ‘a’, . (The product of 0 and any real number is 0.)
When dividing two integers:
● If the signs are same, the Quotient is positive.
● If the signs are different the Quotient is negative.
Division Property of Zero:
For any Real Number ‘a’, ,, and for a≠0.
Learn ‘Multiplying and Dividing Integers’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. What are the Rules for Multiplication and Division of signed Integers?
2. Describe the Multiplicative and Division Property of Zero.
Learn ‘Multiplying and Dividing Integers’ with AffordEdu Online One on One.
Struggling with Multiplying and Dividing Integers? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately, our expert tutors in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.