Multiplication of Fractions:
For any two Fractions a/b and c/d,
● The numerator of the product is the product of the two numerators.
● The denominator of the product is the product of the two denominators.
● The final product should be in the simplest form. This can be performed before or after multiplying. However, it is recommended to simplify before multiplying.
Division of Fractions:
To divide two Fractions, multiply by the Reciprocal of the Divisor. For any two Fractions a/b and c/d,
Note that the Reciprocal of c/d is d/c. Just as when we are dividing fractions we will need to be sure to:
● Convert Mixed Numbers to Improper Fractions.
● Simplify our final answer. However, it is recommended we simplify before multiplication.
Learn ‘Multiplying and Dividing Fractions’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. What are the rules for Multiplication of Fractions?
2. What are the rules for Division of Fractions?
Learn ‘Multiplying and Dividing Fractions’ with AffordEdu Online One on One.
Struggling with Multiplying and Dividing Fractions? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately, our expert tutors in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.