Math Tutoring on Introduction to Conic Section
Some terminologies related to a Cone:
1. Axis: The fixed line is called the Axis of the cone.
2. Vertex: The Vertex is the point sharedby both cones.
3. Generators: The lines that pass through the Vertex and form the cones are the Generators.The Generators lie in the cone.
4. Nappes: The cone consists of two parts called the Nappes.
A Conic Section is a curve generated by intersecting a Right Circular Cone with a plane.
Some basic figures constructed by Conic Section:
1. Circle: A Circle is generated when the plane is perpendicular to the axis of the cone.
2. Ellipse: An Ellipse is generated when the plane is tilted so it intersects each Generator, but only intersects one Nappe.
3. Parabola: A Parabola is generated when the plane is tilted so it is parallel to one Generator only intersects one Nappe.
4. Hyperbola: A Hyperbola is generated when the plane intersects both Nappes.
Learn ‘Introduction to Conic Section’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. What are Axis and Vertex of a cone?
2. What is Generator and Nappe of a cone?
3. What is a Conic Section?
4. How are the following formed by Conic Section?
Circle, Ellipse, Parabola & Hyperbola
Learn ‘Introduction to Conic Section’ with AffordEdu Online One on One Math Tutoring.
Struggling with Introduction to Conic Section? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately our experts in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.