Math Tutoring on Parametric Equations
In Linear Equations, the plane curves are described implicitly in terms of ‘x’.
Or sometimes implicitly in terms of ‘y’.
However, it is often useful to use a third variable or parameter. This parameter is usually ‘t’. When both ‘x’ and ‘y’ are defined as function of ‘t’, we have Parametric Equations.
The graph of Parametric Equations makes a plane curve.
Properties of a Plane Curve Defined using Parametric Equations in Math Tutoring:
1. ‘t’ is usually defined over a particular interval.
2. The values of ‘t’ control the values of ‘x’ and ‘y’ but are not used when plotting on the coordinate plane.
3. However, ‘t’ does trace the plane curve in a particular direction as ‘t’ increases.
Learn ‘Parametric Equations’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. What is a Parametric Equation?
2. How a Parametric Equation differs from Linear Equation?
3. Give some properties of a plane curve defined using Parametric Equations?
Learn ‘Parametric Equations’ with AffordEdu Online One on One Math Tutoring.
Struggling with Parametric Equations? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately, our expert tutors in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.