Math Tutoring on Graphing and Writing Equations of Circles
Standard Form of an equation of a Circle:
A Circle is the set of points (x, y) which are a fixed distance ‘r’, the Radius, away from a fixed point (h, k), the Center.
General Form of a Circle:
If a Circle is given in general form, we must complete the square on the ‘x’ and ‘y’ parts of the equation to rewrite in Standard Form.
Steps to Graph a Circle from a Standard Equation:
1. Identify the Centre from (h, k) and plot it.
2. Identify the Radius ‘r’ and plot the unit from the Center on the respective x-axis and y-axis at 4 different places.
3. Try to finish the circle by joining above 4 points.
Learn ‘Graphing and Writing Equations of Circles’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. What is the Standard Form of an equation of a Circle?
2. What is the General Form of a Circle equation?
3. What are the steps to Graph a Circle from a Standard Equation?
Learn ‘Graphing and Writing Equations of Circles’ with AffordEdu Online One on One Math Tutoring.
Struggling with Graphing and Writing Equations of Circles? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately our experts in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.