Math Tutoring on Fractions
A Fraction, or Fractional Number, is used to represent a part of a whole. Fractions consist of two numbers: a Numerator (which is above the fraction bar) and a Denominator (which is below the fraction bar). For example etc.
Some properties of Fractions:
1. Fractions like 1/3 are not integers. They are Rational Numbers. Rational numbers consist of all numbers that can be represented in the form a/b where b≠0.
2. The fraction n/n=1 for any integer n≠0.
3. The fraction 0/n=0 for any integer n≠0.
4. Fractions less than ‘1’ are often called Proper Fractions.
5. Fractions equal to or greater than ‘1’ are often called Improper Fractions.
Learn ‘Fractions’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. What is a Fraction? How is it denoted?
2. What are Denominator and Numerator?
3. What are Rational Numbers?
4. What are Proper and Improper Fractions?
Learn ‘Fractions’ with AffordEdu Online One on One
Struggling with Fractions? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately, our expert tutors in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.