Math tutoring on Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
A Polynomial is a mathematical expression which is consisting of the sum of different terms, where each term includes a variable or variables raised to a power and multiplied by a coefficient. The simplest polynomials have one variable. Some polynomials have two, three, or more variables. A Polynomial in one variable is called a Univariate Polynomial. A Polynomial in two variables is known as a Bivariate Polynomial.
To simplify algebraic expressions, following steps are followed in math tutoring:
· Step 1: Simplify within the parentheses, which normally doesn't apply when adding and subtracting polynomials.
· Step 2: Use the distributive property to eliminate the parentheses.
· Step 3: Combine the like terms.
· Step 4: Write in descending order.
For subtraction, first rewrite the subtraction as addition, i.e. to change subtraction to addition, then add the opposite or additive inverse. Then follow all four steps.
Learn ‘Adding and Subtracting polynomials’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. What is Adding Polynomials?
2. How do you combine Polynomials?
3. What is Subtracting Polynomials?
Learn ‘Adding and Subtracting Polynomials’ with AffordEdu Online One on One Math Tutoring.
Struggling with Adding and Subtracting Polynomials? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately, our experts in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.