Math Tutoring on Adding and Subtracting Decimals
General Procedure for Adding and Subtracting Decimals:
1. Write the numbers vertically and line up the Decimal points. Add zeros to the right as needed so each number has the same number of digits to the right of the Decimal point.
2. Bring the Decimal point down into the Sum or Difference.
Adding Two Decimals with the Same Sign:
1. Add the Absolute Values of the Decimals.
2. The sign of the sum is the common sign.
Adding Two Decimals with Different Signs:
1. Find the Absolute Value of the Decimals.
2. Subtract the smaller value from the larger value.
3. The sign of the sum is the original sign of the Decimal with the larger Absolute Value.
Subtracting Decimals: Subtracting Decimals is the same as adding the opposite.
Follow the rules for Adding Signed Numbers.
Learn ‘Adding and Subtracting Decimals’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. What are the General Procedures to Add and Subtract Decimals?
2. What are the rules for Adding Signed Numbers?
Learn ‘Adding and Subtracting Decimals’ with AfordEdu Online One on One.
Struggling with Adding and Subtracting Decimals? Need help for math homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately, our expert tutors in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.