Math Tutoring on Absolute Extrema
Absolute Minimum and Absolute Maximum:
Suppose that ‘f’ is a function with domain ‘I’.
f(c) is an Absolute Minimum if f(c) ≤ f(x) for all ‘x’ in ‘I’.
f(c) is an Absolute Maximum if f(c) ≥ f(x) for all ‘x’ in ‘I’.
Guidelines for Finding Absolute Extrema on a Closed Interval in Math Tutoring:
Suppose that ‘f’ is a continuous function defined over a closed interval.
1. Find the critical numbers of f in (a, b).
2. Evaluate f at each critical number in (a, b).
3. Evaluate f at each endpoint of [a, b].
4. The least of these values is the minimum or Absolute Minimum. The greatest is the maximum or Absolute Maximum.
Learn ‘Absolute Extrema’ with AffordEdu.
Interested in free assessment? Build your personalized study plan with AffordEdu through knowledge map and go for free assessment and free tuition session with math expert. *
1. How can we define Absolute Minimum and Absolute Maximum of a function?
2. State the guidelines for finding Absolute Extrema on a closed interval.
Learn ‘Absolute Extrema’ with AffordEdu Online One on One Math Tutoring.
Struggling with Absolute Extrema? Need math help for homework? You are not the only one. Fortunately, our expert tutors in math tutoring are online now and are ready to help.